Saturday 6 February 2010

Master of Fashion?

I had a plan.  I was going to graduate, work as a fantastical fashion person for 2-5 years and then maybe do an MA/MBA...dependent on where I was and what I fancied.  Well...I am not a fantastical fashion person.

I am a person that gets mad at work, despises the gossip, gets paid less than the others and then ends up crying.  Not because I'm upset...because I'm frustrated.  Thanks to Graduate Fashion Week I have contacts at company's from Burberry to ASOS to pester for work experience but can I do it? NO! Why I hear you ask? Because I live in the Midlands and not in the centre of the fashion universe: London.

So here are my thoughts...maybe I should just buck up my ideas and change the plan around a bit.  Move to London, do an MA and get work experience alongside it.  THEN come out of university once and for alla nd become a fantastical fashion person with lots of experience rather than no experience.

I am very indecisive when it comes to my own life.  (Believe me I would plan your whole life for you though if you asked me.)  Right now I am scouring university websites, bank websites and careers websites in an attempt to make some kind of a decision.  Not really making much headway.  I don't even know whether it'd be clever to focus on fashion promotion or to broaden my horizons and do something more general.

Everyone I speak to says it's a decision only I can make.  Bugger. That's what I was dreading.  Suggestions on a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment