Sunday 21 February 2010

Topshop Rocks LFW

Today as I subconsciously veered towards the Topshop store in Birmingham's Bull Ring I announced: "I love Topshop.  I know that's stereotypical but I do.  And you know what?  There's a reason people see it as stereotypical now...everyone loves it because it's bloody brilliant."

Well...turns out the fashion world agrees with me.  My Twitter homepage has been filled with London Fashion Week tweets but more than any other show Topshop Unique has been the one that's got people talking.  After my last post on Dande Maestre's nature inspired statement jewellery antlers are making their way onto my blog once more...

Topshop Unique's models reminded me of Mulberry's Autumn/Winter 2009/2010 look with bedraggled hair, knitted accessories and beautiful worn leathers.  That and my local forest, Cannock Chase.  As well as the faux fur animal headgear animal imagery is mingled with animal print for a primal, rustic look.

I'm wishing this winter away already but maybe I wouldn't if I had easy access to cable knit tights, contrasting chiffon, lace and leather, faux fur, work boots and bags belted at the waist.  The throw-it-on imperfect look is perfect for me at the minute.  Sure there's more to it than it looks but I'm willing to invest in lots of hairspray and some nature inspired accessories.  I have a bone cuff from Ghana that'd fit in perfectly with this colour palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment