Tuesday 29 November 2011

A River Island Christmas

River Island is a strange one. It is very rare that I go into one of their stores and see something I actually want to buy. It all seems too samey, too tight, too short and basically just not me. As for menswear, if the boy came to meet me wearing most of the stuff they sell I would probably freak out. Jeans that have a crotch settled right between your knees is just not a good look as far as I'm concerned.

You may find all this a little backwards if you have taken a look at any of my Fused fashion spreads (such as this one) because River Island feature highly. Their campaign images show really beautiful clothes, which I have realised exist but mostly only online or in the large stores. I am a bit of a shop-a-phobe, I love talking to people but hate having to fight my way towards a dress. That's why this year I will be scouring River Island's website for some of these wonderful Christmas pieces.  It's probably not a surprise that I particularly love all of the feathers.

 Baltimore Feathered Collar Dress £60.00 and Shelley Feathered Dress £70.00 with Purple Agate ring £10.00

Dahlia Lace Top £30

Diana embellished shorts £40.00, Tamara velvet detail bodysuit £28.00, Onyx pillbox hat £??

Red Dress £50 with Feathered Shoes £65 and Matangi Ruffle Dress £70
All pictures by River Island.

11 comments:

  1. Wow reading about your trip to Ghana in your comment brought a tear to my remembering my own experience. It honestly was the best weeks of my life, but also the saddest. When I left I left behind a beautiful little girl called Monica, only 3! I looked after her so much the father (who actually happened to be the chief of the village) said I should take her home as I was her new mother! I literally cried buckets when I left! Was sooo good!

    After that rant, haha, I should probs comment and say that that red dress is acc amazing! xx I'm not normally a fan of river island general clothes wear but they dont let down with their dresses or their shoes!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually used to hate River Island but these days I'm the opposite, I love it in there! I find more things in there than Topshop nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for commenting!! love this post!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL drop crotch jeans should be banned. The mens section of river island screams one direction to me!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment!
    xxx
    www.alittlebitofroza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never look in River Island, I feel in my mind like it's reserved for people who like huge slogans and elasticated cuff jeans...basically, not me. There are some nice pieces here though, I really love the embellished shorts, maybe I should try their website, I don't think I can get over my physical inability to go in the shop!!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ALL these but completely agree with you - everytime I go in there I'm disappointed with what I find. Online shopping it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pieces are gorgous, I agree though the feathers are the best! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dresses

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing really how many customers River Island miss out on because of their reputation. It is getting so much better though, seems to be really keeping up on trends. Well...some trends at least! x

    ReplyDelete