Sunday 4 April 2010

The Delicious Miss Dahl

I love Sophie Dahl, always have, and when I heard she was making an appearance on the BBC with her own cooking show I was delighted.  Any model that knows how to cook, enjoys what she eats and is as adorable as Miss Dahl has my support.  The only problem is I missed the first two programmes.  Thank God for BBC's iPlayer.


After declaring I wouldn't be hungry until about 6pm I decided to indulge in some time alone and watch The Delicious Miss Dahl's first episode: Selfish.  I loved it, just as I knew I would.  My favourite part was her quote of Dorothy Parker's martini rule: I love martinis, two at the most, three and I'm under the table, with four I'm under the host.  Grinning as she sipped Miss Dahl simply smirks and says: "Make sure you know your host well."

I am now ravenous!  Needless to say episode two, Romance, will have to go on hold whilst I go cook a now rather unsatisfying pasta bake.  I want halibut and sweet potato really.  Catch The Delicious Miss Dahl on BBC 2, on Tuesdays at 8:30 or on iPlayer right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment