Tuesday 2 February 2010

Temporary Tattoo

I always wanted a tattoo.  I've planned, sketched, drawn on myself what and where...then swiftly changed my mind whether it be an hour, a day, a week or a month later.  I promised myself that if I ever wanted the same thing for six months then I would have it done.  My theory is if I don't like something for six months I definitely won't like it for a lifetime.

Fashion, like me, is fickle.  Perhaps that's why I like it so much...I can identify and change my style with the seasons (as much as I can afford).  With Rodarte, Jean Paul Gaultier and Chanel all featuring temporary/make-up tattoos it has sparked my interest again.  In contrast to Rodarte and Gaultier's heavy, bold tattoo's Chanel interlink flowers, birds and jewellery designs to lace around legs and wrists.  A suprising addition to the femininity of their collection.

And, marvellous news...that you'll probably have heard but I wanted to share my excitement with you even if it's a little late...Chanel has now announced they will be selling their temporary tattoo's, which means I don't even have to try (and probably fail) to paint tattoos on myself.  Bravo Chanel!  Genius way to allow people of all incomes to get a little Chanel in their lives...and promote the brand in the process.

Tattoos on the catwalk...Rodarte, John Paul Gaultier and Chanel


No comments:

Post a Comment