Sunday 1 November 2009

Tree Life

As I have already mentioned I won an award at Graduate Fashion Week for my project Eden Village.  Revolving around sustainable tree houses the idea was that consumers could experience truely sustainable living to see how easy they could adapt.  From simply planting your own vegetables to designing an entirely sustainable house.

It was inspired by The Cool Hunter's Tree Life exhibit...and it's coming soon.  They first announced it in 2008 and have given 2010 as the kick off date...which, in case you haven't realised, is not too far away.  I'm still waiting for them to tell me which city will host Tree Life's launch but I have my fingers crossed for London.

"This event will showcase innovative and creative sustainable architecture, and illustrate that green can co-exist with urban city life." ...pretty much the essence of my entire project.  The biggest names in architecture, design and art will come together to showcase cutting edge eco-design.  Marvellous.


No comments:

Post a Comment